Places to Eat
The CUMC and ColumbiaDoctors Midtown vicinity have a diverse array of eating options, ranging from street carts and food trucks to fine dining.
- Locally owned X Caffe operates carry-out cafes in multiple locations across the CUMC campus, including the lobby levels of the Black Building, Alan Rosenfeld Building, and Hammer Health Sciences Center.
- Jou Jou operates two locations, one in the lobby of the Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital, the other across the street from the NYP/CUMC Emergency Department, at 603 West 168th St. The 168th Street location is open 24 hours.
- Strokos cafe offers made-to-order salads, sandwiches, pizza and snacks, and is located at 1121 St. Nicholas Ave. at the corner of 166th Street.
- A coffee and quick-service café is open mornings only in the lobby of the NYP/CUMC Milstein Hospital Building, at 177 Fort Washington Ave.
- There is a full-service cafeteria on the second floor of the Milstein Hospital Building.
- Windows on the Hudson is a full-service restaurant in the McKeen Pavilion, on the ninth floor of the Milstein Hospital Building. It is open for lunch and dinner, Mondays through Fridays.
For more information about dining around CUMC, visit:
The Rockefeller Center area is not only the heart of Manhattan, but one of the most diverse dining destinations in the world. Within a couple of blocks, you can find just about any kind of restaurant—including authentic Brazilian, Japanese, and Italian; innovative American; steakhouses; and French-style bistros. For more information, visit: