Places to Eat
The CUMC and ColumbiaDoctors Midtown vicinity have a diverse array of eating options, ranging from street carts and fast food to fine dining.
- The Faculty Club, located on the fourth floor of the Physicians and Surgeons building at 630 W. 168th Street, is open for lunch from 12 pm to 2 pm, Monday through Friday; it sometimes closes for private events.
- The Heights Tavern at 3910 Broadway at 164th St., offers casual dining for lunch and dinner, as well as carry-out fare.
- Jou Jou Cafe operates two locations, one in the lobby of the Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital, the other across the street from the NYP/CUMC Emergency Department, at 603 West 168th St. The 168th Street location is open 24 hours.
- Windows on the Hudson is a full-service restaurant in the McKeen Pavilion, on the ninth floor of the Milstein Hospital Building. It is open for lunch and dinner, Mondays through Fridays.
- Quick carry-out items are available in multiple NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital buildings.
- Strokos cafe offers made-to-order salads, sandwiches, pizza and snacks, and is located at 1121 St. Nicholas Ave. at the corner of 166th Street.
- The Wahi Diner offers classic diner fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including carry-out, at 3915 Broadway at the corner of 164th St.
- Locally owned X Caffe operates carry-out cafes in multiple locations across the CUMC campus, including the lobby levels of the Black Building, Alan Rosenfeld Building, and Hammer Health Sciences Center.
For more information about dining around CUMC, visit:
The Rockefeller Center area is not only the heart of Manhattan, but one of the most diverse dining destinations in the world. Within a couple of blocks, you can find just about any kind of restaurant—including authentic Brazilian, Japanese, and Italian; innovative American; steakhouses; and French-style bistros. For more information, visit: