Elizabeth Ellman, PsyD
Credentials & Experience
- Adjustment Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Group Therapy
- Mental Health
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobia
- Stress Management
- Work-Related Stress
Education & Training
- PsyD, Ferkauf Graduate School, Yeshiva University
- Internship: Mount Sinai St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
About Elizabeth Ellman
Elizabeth Ellman, Psy.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist at Columbia Doctors Psychiatry in Midtown. She serves on the faculty as an Instructor of Medical Psychology in Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC).
Dr. Ellman received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. She completed her pre-doctoral internship at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai West Hospitals in Manhattan. She completed her postdoctoral fellowship and continued as staff psychologist at the Center for Cognitive and Dialectical Behavior Therapy where she provided comprehensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to adolescents and adults. Dr. Ellman completed an intensive training in DBT offered by Behavioral Tech, LLC.
Dr. Ellman has received training and supervision in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and DBT. Dr. Ellman has worked with teens, emerging adults, and adults presenting with a wide range of difficulties including personality, anxiety, mood, and substance use disorders as well as post traumatic stress disorder. She has provided therapy in a variety of settings including outpatient, inpatient, college counseling, therapeutic high school, and detoxification and rehabilitation.
- Instructor in Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NYP Employee Plan
- NY Signature
- Signature Administrators
- Student Health
CHP Student Health
- Behavioral Health Columbia University Employee Plan
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.