Erica K. Gettenberg, MD
For existing patients, login to make an appointment, view documentation or contact your care provider.
Credentials & Experience
- Attention Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
- Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Adult Psychiatry
- Adult Psychotherapy
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Adult ADHD
- ADHD In Children, Adolescents and College Students
- Adjustment Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Health
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
Education & Training
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: UCLA Neurophychiatric Institute
- Residency: UCLA Neurophychiatric Institute
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell and Columbia
About Erica Gettenberg
Dr. Erica Gettenberg is Board-Certified in Child and Adolescent as well as Adult Psychiatry. She graduated from Dartmouth College, received her MD from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and completed Adult Psychiatry Residency at UCLA before returning to Columbia to complete her Child and Adolescent Fellowship. She has expertise in mood, anxiety and personality disorders, relationship issues as well as ADHD. Dr. Gettenberg works with patients dealing with the transition from high school to college, the social and academic stresses of college, and the challenges of early career development. She offers individual psychotherapy and medication management and includes families in the treatment process.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- NYP Employee Plan
CHP Student Health
- Behavioral Health Columbia University Employee Plan
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Contact & Locations
- E Kass, J Posner, L Greenhill "Pharmacological Treatments for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity and Disruptive Behavior Disorders," Treatments That Work," 4th Ed., P. Nathan, and J. Gorman, Eds. Oxford University Press, 2015
- Posner J, Kass E, Hulvershorn L "Using Stimulants to Treat ADHD Related Emotion Dysregulation," Current Psychiatry Reports, (2014) 16:1-8.
- Poster E Kass, L Greenhill, J Posner, "A Guide to Treatments that Work" A Review of the Psychopharmacological Treatment for Disruptive Behavior Disorders.