Evelyn Attia, MD
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
Credentials & Experience
- Eating Disorders
Education & Training
- 1986 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: 1987 Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency: 1990 NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
About Evelyn Attia
Dr. Attia received her A.B. from Princeton University in 1982 and her M.D. from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons in 1986. Formerly the director of the inpatient eating disorders program at The New York State Psychiatric Institute, Dr. Attia has more recently focused on research involving the psychobiology and treatment of anorexia nervosa. Since 1999, she has received uninterrupted funding for her research from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).
Dr. Attia has received a Young Investigator Award from The National Alliance for Research in Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD), a Pfizer/Society for Women’s Health Research Faculty Development Award in Women’s Health, and a Career Development Award from NIMH. Dr. Attia is a member of the eating disorders work-group for DSM-5. She is also a member of The Eating Disorders Research Society and has been elected Fellow of the Academy for Eating Disorders.
- Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Director, Eating Disorders Research Program, New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Director, Columbia Center for Eating Disorders, Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center
CHP Student Health
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Contact & Locations
New York, New York 10032
White Plains, New York 10605
- Eating Disorders
- Attia E, Walsh BT: Anorexia Nervosa. Am J Psychiatry 2007;164: 1805-1810
- Attia E, Walsh BT: Behavioral management for anorexia nervosa. NEJM 2009;360(5): 500-506
- Attia E: Anorexia nervosa: current status and future directions. Annu Rev Med 2010;61: 425-435
- Attia E, Roberto CA: Should amenorrhea be a diagnostic criterion for anorexia nervosa?. Int J Eat Disord 2009;42(7): 581-589
- Attia E, Haiman C, Walsh BT, Flater SR: Does fluoxetine augment the inpatient treatment of anorexia nervosa?. Am J Psychiatry 1998;155(4): 548-551