We bring the world-class care of ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to you in a seamless process that emphasizes the most advanced examination, testing, and analysis available.
In one day of focused attention to your health and well-being, you will gain a comprehensive assessment of your health. Our state-of-the-art program goes beyond other executive health programs to provide customized recommendations of our medical experts based on your data.
Let ColumbiaDoctors help you make your health the best it can be.
What We Do
Your comprehensive health assessment is an in-depth consultation with an expert general internist. We will survey your health information before you arrive and will gather more information from you in person. During your visit, we will review your medical and health history, provide a complete physical examination, and perform some specialized testing. Laboratory tests will be obtained prior to the visit and at your convenience. Follow-up tests will be performed or arranged during your visit. After assessing your general health and test results, we will recommend appropriate lifestyle modifications and plan for any follow-up diagnostic or treatment services, as needed. Your assessment will:
- review known medical conditions and diagnose any new health issues;
- recommend necessary specialists for referrals and management of your care;
- screen for preventable or curable illnesses;
- provide indicated immunizations;
- assess your diet, physical function, and activity; and
- compile and assess your family medical history in anticipation of developments in genomics and precision medicine.
What We Promise
Your ColumbiaDoctors executive health assessment will be:
- Patient-centered: we base our personalized recommendations on evidence;
- Transparent: our approach and decision-making are clear and accessible to you; and Appropriate and realistic: screening, diagnostic testing, and health improvement recommendations are scientifically based and customized specifically for you.
- Complete medical and health history and examination
- Labs (see below)
- Office oximetry and spirometry (pulmonary testing)
- Office audiometry Resting electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Stress echocardiography (exercise stress test)
- Abdominal aorta ultrasound (for aneurysms)
- Carotid ultrasound Diet and nutrition assessment
- Physical activity and exercise assessment
- Complete skin exam
- Vaccinations (pneumococcal, tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis, zoster, influenza in season)
- Dermatologic consultation
- Ophthalmologic exam
- Gynecologic exam with Pap testing and HPV testing
- Urologic consultation
- Other clinical evaluations may be arranged
Precision Medicine Genomics Testing
The Executive Health Program at ColumbiaDoctors now offers state-of-the-art personalized genomics testing as an optional service. In collaboration with Columbia University's Precision Medicine Initiative and the Institute for Genomic Medicine, whole exome sequencing is available to individuals who want an analysis of their own genetic make-up. More information is available on request.
- CBC with differential
- Basic metabolic panel (blood chemistries including kidney function)
- Fasting glucose
- Liver panel
- HgbA1c (glycemic test)
- Lipid panel (cholesterol total, HDL, LDL, triglycerides)
- hs-CRP (inflammation marker, cardiac risk factor)
- Anti-HCV (hepatitis C)
- Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
- TSH (thyroid)
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA for men)
- Urine micro-albumin
- Urinalysis (dipstick and micro)