How long after submitting a request or question to my doctor's office should I expect to receive a response?
You should receive responses to requests or questions submitted through myColumbiaDoctors within 2 business days.
How do I update my personal information (address, phone numbers, etc.)?
Once you have logged in to myColumbiaDoctors, you can easily update your information by clicking on the My Info tab. There are four subsections under Demographics: General, Emergency Contact, Responsible Party, and Insurance. Update any information, as needed. Remember to click the Save button.
After saving, you will be asked if you would like to send the changes to your connected organizations. Click yes to send a message to ColumbiaDoctors so that we can update our records with your new information.
What functions are available in myColumbiaDoctors?
Top Tool bar (available on all pages of your myColumbiaDoctors account):
- Send a Message: send a message to your provider or your provider’s office
- Schedule an Appointment: request a new appointment with your ColumbiaDoctors providers
- Hello Your Name: switch between accounts, if you have access to multiple accounts (such as your account, your child’s account, an elderly parent’s account, etc.)
- My Account: options to manage your account, including your connection to ColumbiaDoctors, preferences (authorized individuals/proxies, logins, notifications, etc.), and links for help with myColumbiaDoctors
- Español: switch your account to Spanish
- Search: Click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the screen to search your portal account. As you type in the search box (Hypertension in the example below), potential search results will appear below the search box (Hypertension Active in the example below). You can either click directly on one of the specific search results or click on See more results… to see the full list of search results.
- Health Summary: summary of the basic information in your myColumbiaDoctors account
- Action Center: list of items that need your attention; clicking on the calendar icon will open a calendar view showing scheduled appointments or events
- App Center: list of apps or modules that you can include on your Home screen, including a health journal, charts of results, and educational material
- Appointment Module: list of Upcoming, Past, and Other appointments, as well as, links to request a new appointment or export appointment details
- Recent Activity: list of the recent additions to your account
- Billing: shows your amount due to ColumbiaDoctors, with a link to specific invoice information
- Health Sources: shows any health devices or apps connected to your portal account
The Inbox includes all secure messages sent between you and your ColumbiaDoctors providers. This functions much like an email service, with sent and trash folders. You can organize your messages by creating your own sub-folders.
- Summary: a snap shot of your active medical information at this moment in time that you can print, email, or fax
- Sections of types of health information: Conditions, Medications, Allergies, Immunizations, Results, Vitals, and Documents
- Search: search for a specific clinical item, such as a condition or medication
- Chart: search for the clinical details related to a specific appointment or provider.
- Demographics: maintain your personal information (basic information, emergency contact, responsible party, and insurance) and send updates to ColumbiaDoctors
- Providers: list of your providers, with links to specific actions (request an appointment, prescription renewal requests, send a message, etc.)
How do I request a new appointment or reschedule or cancel an existing appointment?
Requesting an appointment: To request an appointment, click on Schedule an Appointment at the top of any screen within your my ColumbiaDoctors account. Alternatively, click on Schedule under Appointments on your Home screen. In the resulting pop-up box, select Other as your appointment type and click Continue. On the next screen, choose the provider with whom you would like an appointment and click Continue. On the next screen, add a time slot that you are available under Date and time preference and click Save time preference. You may insert additional time slots by clicking Add another time preference. The more time slots you provide, the more likely we will be able to accommodate your request. Once you have added your preferred times, click Continue. On the next screen, enter the reason for your visit under Why are you scheduling this appointment? Then, click Schedule Your Appointment to submit your request. The office will process your request and respond back to you via your myColumbiaDoctors account.
Rescheduling an appointment: On your Home screen, under Appointments, click on the upcoming appointment you need to reschedule and then click on Reschedule in the top right of the window. On the next screen, add a time slot that you are available under Date and time preference and click Save time preference. You may insert additional time slots by clicking Add another time preference. The more time slots you provide, the more likely we will be able to accommodate your request. Once you have added your preferred times, click Continue. On the next screen, enter the reason for your visit under Why are you scheduling this appointment? Then, click Schedule Your Appointment to submit your request. You will see a Pending Reschedule flag on that appointment. The office will process your request and respond via your myColumbiaDoctors account.
Cancelling an appointment: On your Home screen, under Appointments, click on the upcoming appointment you need to cancel and then click on Cancel in the top right corner of the window. On the next screen, enter the reason for your cancellation under Why do you need to cancel you appointment? Then, click Cancel this appointment to submit your request. You will see a Pending Cancellation flag on that appointment. The office will process your request and then the appointment will be removed from your upcoming appointment list.
How do I view my health information?
There are several ways to view your health information within your myColumbiaDoctors account. When you click on the My Health tab, you will see a summary of your health information.
Under the My Health tab are several additional sections of information:
- Conditions, Medications, Allergies, Immunizations, Results, Vitals, and Documents: In each of these sections, information transferred over from ColumbiaDoctors will have ColumbiaDoctors listed as the Source. You may also enter additional information yourself. The source for any information you enter will be Patient Entered.
- Note: Any “Patient Entered” health information will remain private and will not be shared with ColumbiaDoctors. The only way that “Patient Entered” health information will be sent to ColumbiaDoctors is if we send you an online form ahead of an upcoming appointment and you include the health information on that form.
- Chart: Search for the clinical details related to a specific appointment or provider. Click on the Chart section and choose Date or Provider from the Sort by drop down menu. (You can also access clinical information related to specific appointments through the past appointments listed in the Appointments Module on your Home screen.)
What if some health information is missing from my account?
While your myColumbiaDoctors account provides access to much health information, it does not contain your full health record.
- The myColumbiaDoctors portal gives you direct access to specific types of information, including conditions, allergies, medications, immunizations, and lab and test results. The myColumbiaDoctors system is not designed to include all types of health information that may be included in your health record. If you need a copy of your complete record, please contact your provider’s office directly.
- ColumbiaDoctors moved to an electronic health record around January 1, 2009. Your myColumbiaDoctors account is tied to our electronic system, so information from prior to 2009 will generally not be available through myColumbiaDoctors.
- There are a select number of ColumbiaDoctors providers who may not participate with myColumbiaDoctors and the health information associated with your care received from those providers will not be available
How do I send a message to my doctor's office?
If you would like to send a general message to your provider or your provider’s office, there are two ways to do this. Either click on Send a Message at the top of any screen of your myColumbiaDoctors account or go to the Inbox tab and click on Compose.
Choose the provider to whom you would like to send a message, enter a subject and the message, and click Send.
How do I request a prescription renewal?
Under the My Health tab, click on the Medications section. Find the prescription that you would like to renew. If a renewal is available, you will be able to click on the pill bottle icon. In the pop-up box, choose the provider to whom to send the request. (Only physicians that have previously prescribed that medication will appear in this list.) The Pharmacy defaults to your preferred pharmacy, but you may choose another one by click Change and entering the new information. Lastly, enter any comments and click Send.
How can I track results and vitals over time?
You have the ability to see your results and vitals over time as charts. This is possible with any numerical result for which there are 3 or more data points.
Home screen: Available in the App Center on the Home screen is an app called My Charts. This will automatically display charts for a few of the most common vital and result types. You can always add more charts by clicking Add a Chart.
My Health: Go to the Results or Vitals section within the My Health tab. If a chart is available for the specific vital or result type, you will see a pie chart icon in the Options column. Click on the chart icon to see view the chart. You have the option to add or “pin” that chart to the My Charts app on the Home screen.
How do I access the bill pay feature through myColumbiaDoctors?
There are two ways to access the secure online bill pay feature through your myColumbiaDoctors account.
Click on My Account at the top right, and select Billing from the resulting drop-down menu.
Or, click Pay from the Billing section located at the bottom right of the Home screen.
How do I pay my bill through myColumbiaDoctors?
On the Billing page, you will see three categories of invoices:
- Invoices to be paid are listed under Patient Responsibility.
- Invoices that have been submitted to your insurance company are listed under Pending with Insurance.
- Invoices you have paid previously are listed under Paid Invoices.
To pay a bill, select the checkbox next to the invoice you would like to pay. You may select more than one invoice at a time or select the Pay All Invoices checkbox. The amount to pay will default in the box below the list of invoices, but you may change the amount. (If you pay more than one invoice at a time, but your total payment is less than the total for those invoices, your payment will be applied to the oldest invoices first). Once the amount is entered, click Pay Now.
A new window will open. Enter your credit card information on this secure, encrypted page and click Process Transaction to complete your payment. We will not store your credit card information and you will be asked to enter it each time you make a payment.
Once your transaction is complete, you will be presented with a receipt with the option to print. You will also receive a message in your myColumbiaDoctors account with the date, amount, and credit card authorization number.
How do I find out more information about my health conditions?
Available in the App Center on the Home screen is an app called Know My Health. This will display links to educational material about all of the conditions, medications, and results from your health record. This same information is available by clicking the blue information “i” button displayed throughout your account, next to each specific condition, medication, and result.
What does the "i" button mean?
The blue “i” button stands for information. You will see this button displayed next to conditions, medications, and results. Click the information button to learn more about that condition or medication.
Can I export my appointment information to an electronic calendar (such as Outlook or Google calendar)?
Yes. From the Appointments Module on your Home screen, click the Export button. This will create an .ics file that you can import to the calendar of your choice.
Where do I find directions to my appointment?
From the Appointment Module on your Home screen, click on an upcoming appointment. A box will appear with the appointment information (date, time, location) at the top. If the appointment location is known, a Get Directions link will appear. Click on this link to open Google Maps, with your appointment location defaulted as the destination. You will be able to add in your start location.
Can I receive information via text message instead of email?
All secure messaging between ColumbiaDoctors and you will be done through your myColumbiaDoctors account. However, we will send messages to your email account to alert you to check your account for new messages or items. You may choose to receive some or all of these messages by email and/or text message.
If you would like to receive text messages, log in to your myColumbiaDoctors account, click on My Account at the top right, and select Preferences from the resulting drop-down menu. From the Preferences screen, select Notification Preferences. Under Notification Preferences, click the Add a Cell Phone number link.
You will need to enter your Cell Phone number and select your Cell Phone Carrier from the drop down menu. Then, click Verify Cell Phone. A validation code will be sent via text message to your cell phone. Once you receive the code, enter it under Validation Code and click Verify Cell Phone.
Once you have added a verified cell phone number to your account, you may then choose individual messages types to receive by text instead of or in addition to receiving messages by email.