Jeffrey Cohen, PsyD
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
Credentials & Experience
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- LGBT Mental Health
- Mental Health
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobia
Education & Training
- Palo Alto University-Stanford University School of Medicine Consortium
- Fellowship: San Francisco Veterans Administration Hospital
About Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Cohen is a clinical psychologist who provides compassionate, focused, research-supported psychotherapy to adolescents, adults, and couples. He is skilled in the cognitive behavioral treatment of anxiety and emotional disorders. Dr. Cohen’s approach is collaborative, solution oriented, and tailored to meet treatment goals.
Dr. Cohen is an Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University where he provides clinical supervision to trainees and offers trainings on evidence-based practice and cultural humility. Additionally, Dr. Cohen teaches a course about mindfulness to undergraduate students in the Department of Psychology. Dr. Cohen's research has been published in peer-reviewed journals including Behavior Therapy, Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, and Journal of Anxiety Disorders, as well as presented at the annual conventions of the American Psychological Association and the Association for Psychological Science. Dr. Cohen is committed to educating the public about the value of psychological science and he has been interviewed by numerous media outlets. He is also passionate about the utilization of technology to increase access to effective mental health treatment.
Dr. Cohen graduated from the doctoral program run jointly by Stanford University School of Medicine and Palo Alto University and completed his post-doctoral fellowship at San Francisco VA Medical Center in affiliation with the University of California, San Francisco.
- Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
Co-chair, Sexual and Gender Minority Special Interest Group, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Medicare Managed Care
- NYP Employee Plan
- NY Signature
- Student Health
CHP Student Health
United Health Care
- Behavioral Health (Columbia University Employee Plan)
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.