Lawrence G Lenke, MD
Participating DocASAP doctors have online booking available without the need for a myColumbiaDoctors account.
For existing patients, login to make an appointment, view documentation or contact your care provider.
Credentials & Experience
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Adult Scoliosis Surgery
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis
- Juvenile Scoliosis
- Congenital Anomalies of Spine
- Orthopedic Spine Surgery
- Spinal Decompression
- Complex Spine Instrumentation
- Spine Care
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Disorders
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Congenital Spinal Malformation
- Pediatric Spine Deformities
- Spine Deformity
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Orthopedic Spine
- Degenerative Spinal Disorder
- Spinal Deformity
- Pediatric Spine Surgery
- Spinal Disorders
Education & Training
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- Internship: Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University
- Residency: Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University
- Residency: Shriners Hospital for Children
- Fellowship: Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University
About Lawrence Lenke
Lawrence Lenke, MD is one of the world's foremost leaders in spinal deformity surgery. His world-renowned practice is devoted exclusively to spinal deformity surgery with an emphasis on complex reconstructive surgery in both children and adults for the treatment of various spinal deformities such as scoliosis, kyphosis, flatback syndrome, and other major spinal imbalances, as well as spondylolisthesis. He is generally regarded as the premier spinal deformity surgeon in the world, having developed the classification system for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS), to which his name is now attached.
After receiving his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame and his MD from Northwestern University Medical School, Dr. Lenke completed his internship and residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University School of Medicine. While at Washington University, he also completed his fellowship training in pediatric and adult orthopedic spine surgery.
Dr. Lenke has been listed in America's Top Doctors for the past 10 years and Best Doctors in America the past 15 years. Dr. Lenke was honored with the North American Spine Society’s 2013 Leon Wiltse Award for excellence in leadership and/or clinical research in spine care. Also in 2013, Dr. Lenke was listed in Orthopedics This Week as one of “The Top 28 Spine Surgeons in North America.” He served as president of the Scoliosis Research Society 2010-2011, the oldest and most prestigious spine society in the world; its single focus is the advancement of care in patients with spinal deformity. As a reflection of his preeminent surgical skills, he has hosted over 700 spinal surgeons from around the globe to observe his surgeries in the past 15 years.
Dr. Lenke’s prolific academic career includes writing over 360 published peer-reviewed manuscripts, editing five textbooks on Spinal Surgery, writing more than 125 textbook chapters, chairing over 100 Spinal Surgery meetings and having been an invited Visiting Professor domestically and internationally more than 100 times.
- Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at CUMC
- Surgeon-in-Chief, The Spine Hospital at NewYork-Presbyterian/Allen
- Chief, Spine Division, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Co-Director, Adult and Pediatric Comprehensive Spine Fellowship
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital
- NY Signature
- Signature Administrators
- Student Health
- Great West
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Priority
- NYP Employee Plan
Oxford Health Plans
- Columbia University Employee Plan
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.