Robert Thomas Grant, MD, MSc, FACS
For existing patients, login to make an appointment, view documentation or contact your care provider.
Credentials & Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- Specialist in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Cancer Care
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Reconstruction
- Muscle Biopsy
- Abdominal Plastic Surgery
- Otoplasty/Ear Pinning Surgery
- Plastic Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Eye Surgery
- Laser Treatment
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Thigh Lift
- Mastopexy/Breast Lift
- Body Contouring
- Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox Injection)
- Cosmetic Ear Surgery
- Cosmetic Nose Surgery
- Collagen Injections
- Mentoplasty/Chin Surgery
- Breast Reduction
- Brow Lift
Education & Training
- Albany Medical College-Union University, NY
- 1983 New York University School of Medicine
- Internship: Bellevue Hospital Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Bellevue Hospital Center
Honors & Awards
- Glenn H. Leak Memorial Fellowship
- American Cancer Society Alden March Award
- Proficiency in Surgery, Albany Medical College Public Service Scholar
- NYU Wagner School of Public Service
About Robert Grant
Plastic surgery is about quality of life and about a woman's overall health and well-being.
Dr Grant has been Chief of Plastic Surgery for the combined Divisions of Plastic Surgery at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center since April of 2006. Board-certified in general surgery and plastic surgery, Dr. Grant is a member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS), the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Dr. Grant was named by both Castle Connolly and US News & World Report in 2011-2012 as one of the "Best Doctors in America".
After receiving his MD degree from Albany Medical College, Dr. Grant chose to specialize in plastic surgery and completed his general surgery and plastic surgery residencies at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Grant's outstanding work and commitment to plastic and reconstructive surgery has resulted in leadership positions at North Shore University Hospital, NYU School of Medicine and New York-Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center and Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is also Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons and an Adjunct Associate Professor of Surgery (Plastic Surgery) at Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
Dr. Grant's expertise has made him a sought-after expert not only for local and national radio and television appearances but also magazine and newspaper articles and interviews. He is included in the annual Castle-Connolly Guide of America's Cosmetic Surgeons and Dentists and has been named to New York Magazine's list of Best Doctors in New York.
"Plastic surgery is about quality of life," says Dr. Grant, "and about a woman's overall health and well-being. I partner with each and every one of my patients to identify and reach that balance of inner and outer beauty that is theirs and theirs alone, and to maintain that balance through every life stage."
Dr. Grant is an active member of many professional societies and participates in committees on many of those, including:
Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
American College of Surgeons
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
New York Academy of Medicine
New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
New York Head and Neck Society
New York Surgical Society, Inc.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- Chief, Joint Division of Plastic Surgery, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Plastic Surgeon in Chief, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Medical Director, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Medical Staff Office
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- New York Academy of Medicine
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Head and Neck Society
- New York Surgical Society, Inc.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- Great West
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Priority
- Medicare (Mediblue)
- NYP Employee Plan
Oxford Health Plans
- Medicare Managed Care
- Columbia University Employee Plan
- Medicare Managed Care
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Contact & Locations
New York, New York 10032
- Gene therapy in bone repair
- Plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
SURE-001 (P&S Industry Clinical Trial)
Feb 7 2012 - Feb 7 2017
- Wear-Maggitti, K; Lee, J; Conejero, A; Schmidt, A; Grant, R: Breitbart, A. Use of topical sRAGE in diabetic wounds increases neovascularization and granulation tissue formation. Ann Plast Surg 2004;52:519-522.
- Desrosiers, AE; Grant, RT; Breitbart, AS. Don’t try this at home: Liposuction in the kitchen by an unqualified practitioner leads to disastrous complications (ltr.) Plast Reconstr Surg 2004;113:460.
- Lee, JA; Parrett, BM; Conejero, JA; Laser, J; Chen, J; Kogon, A; Nanda,D; Grant, RT; Breitbart, AS. Biological alchemy: Engineering bone and fat from fat-derived stem cells. Ann Plast Surg 2003;50:610-617.
- Breitbart, AS; Grande, DA; Laser, J; Barcia, M; Porti, D; Malhotra, S; Kogon, A; Grant, RT; Mason, JM. Treatment of ischemic wounds using cultured dermal fibroblasts transduced retrovirally with PDGF and VEGF121 genes. Ann Plast Surg;2001 46:555-562.
- Breitbart, AS; Grande, DA; Mason, JM; Grant, RT. Gene-enhanced tissue engineering: Application for bone healing using cultured periosteal cells transduced retrovirally with the BMP-7 gene. Ann Plast Surg 1999;42: 488-495.
- Breitbart, AS; Mason, JM; Urasmacher, L; Barcia, M; Grant, RT; Pergolizzi, RG; Grande, DA. Gene enhanced tissue engineering: Applications for wound healing using cultured dermal fibroblasts retrovirally transduced with PDGF-B gene. Ann Plast Surg 1999;43:632-639.
- Breitbart, AS; Grande, DA; Kessler, R; Ryaby, J; Grant, RT. Tissue engineered bone repair of calvarial defects using cultured periosteal cells. Plast Reconstr Surg 1998;101: 567-574.
- Mason, LM; Grande, DA; Barcia, M; Grant, RT; Breitbart, AS. Expression of human bone morphogenetic protein 7 in primary rabbit periosteal cells: Potential utility in gene therapy for osteochondral repair. Gene Therapy 1998;5:1098-1104.
- Grant, RT; Breitbart, AS; Parnell, V. Musle Flap Reconstruction of Pediatric Post-Sternotomy Wound Infections. Ann Plast Surg 1997;38:365-370.
- Grande, DA; Breitbart, AS; Manji, R; Paulino, C; Fitzsimmons, RJ; Grant, RT. The repair of bone defects using periosteal tissue constructs. Trans Ortp Res Soc 1996:21(2):616.
- Grant, RT; LaTrenta, G., et .al. Treatment of post-burn cicatrical microstomia with bilateral temporalis myocutaneous transfer. Ann Plast Surg 1992;29:178-181.
- LaTrenta, G; Grant, RT: Hoffman, L. Treatment of exogenous steroid-induced “buffalo-hump” neck obesity with liposuction: A case report. Plast Reconstr Surg 1991;87-768-770.
- Grant, RT; Siebert, J; Grossman, J. “Replantation” in Coiffman, R.(ed.) Plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. Barcelona, Spain.Salvat Editores, 1991.
- Grant, RT; Rothaus, K. “Facial Fractures” in Cucin, R.(ed.) Plastic Surgery and Medical Malpractice.Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins.1990.
Grant RT (ed) CURRENT Cosmetic Surgery. New York: McGraw-Hill 2010.