Adult Congenital Heart Disease
To make an appointment, please call (212) 305-6936.
The Schneeweiss Adult Congenital Heart Center at Columbia is one of the world’s leading programs in adult congenital heart disease, and one of only a handful of programs with more than two decades of experience in this complex field.
Led since 1987 by internationally known adult congenital heart disease expert Marlon S. Rosenbaum, MD, we offer highly specialized care for more than 30 different forms of congenital heart disease, including expertise and experience in some of the rarest and most complex congenital conditions.
Multidisciplinary Care for a Complex Condition
The highly individual nature of congenital heart disease means that it can be difficult for adult patients to find cardiologists familiar with their particular anatomy and needs. In our comprehensive multidisciplinary program, patients receive care from specialty-trained physicians with extensive experience in managing the many variations of adult congenital heart disease, including specific expertise in:
- Cardiac transplantation
- Complex congenital heart surgery
- Interventional cardiac catheterization
- Interventional electrophysiology
- Pulmonary hypertension
We also offer related care by specialists in high-risk pregnancy, genetics, fetal echocardiography, gastrointestinal and liver disease, pulmonary disease, and hematology.
Conditions We Treat
Our experts treat all known forms of adult congenital heart disease, including:
- Atrial septal defect/patent foramen ovale
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Pulmonary stenosis
- Bicuspid aortic valve and Marfan syndrome
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Anomalous pulmonary venous return
- Ventricular septal defect
- Subaortic stenosis
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Congenital aortic stenosis
- Ross operation
- Ebstein's anomaly
- Fontan operation (single ventricle)
- Endocardial cushion defect
- Coronary artery anomalies
- Vascular ring
- Pulmonary hypertension and Eisenmenger syndrome