Colleen C. Cullen, PsyD
Credentials & Experience
- Personality Disorders
- Child Psychiatry / Psychology
- Anxiety Disorders
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Child Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Suicide and Self-Inflicted Injury
- Parent-Child Relationship Problem
- Parent Counseling
- Mood Disorders
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Disruptive Behavior Disorder
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Clinical Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Affective Disorders
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Adult Psychiatry
Education & Training
- Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
- Internship: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowship: 2010 St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
About Colleen Cullen
Colleen C. Cullen, PsyD is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in the treatment of children, adolescents, individuals and families with advanced training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Dr. Cullen is skilled in the treatment of a number of emotional and behavioral issues, including depression, anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, oppositional and defiant behaviors, ADHD, and family stress and has worked extensively with teens and adults with suicidal and self-harming behaviors. Dr. Cullen has expertise in behavioral parenting skills training and has worked with many parents and caregivers on improving their skills related to positive reinforcement and delivering effective consequences. She also has significant experience working with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) community, including LGBT teens and young adults, as well as LGBT parents and their children. Dr. Cullen has received training in a number of evidence-based treatment approaches, including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Dr. Cullen is the Clinical Director of the Faculty Practice Organization at Columbia University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and is also an Assistant Professor of Medical Psychology (in Psychology) at Columbia University Medical Center. She has significant involvement in the teaching and supervision of psychology graduate students, child psychiatry trainees and medical students. From 2010-2016 Dr. Cullen worked in the Department of Pediatric Psychiatry at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center where she was the team leader for the Adolescent DBT Program and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Clinic, and co-developed the ADHD Clinic.
Dr. Cullen received her B.A. from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH, cum laude, with a psychology major and an education concentration. Prior to completing her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, FL, she was an elementary school teacher while living abroad. She completed her internship and postdoctoral fellowship at the Child and Family Institute at St Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in Manhattan and served as a co-chief postdoctoral psychology fellow while there.
- Assistant Professor in Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
- Clinical Director and Chief Quality Officer, Columbia Psychiatry Faculty Practice Organization
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
For billing questions, please call (212) 305-2600.
- Behavioral Health Columbia University Employee Plan
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.