ColumbiaDoctors - Virtual Visits
COVID-19 guidelines call for New York City and tri-state area residents to remain home whenever possible, especially when experiencing flu-like symptoms. We also know it’s important to continue care with healthcare professionals and seek medical help when needed. We’re here for you, and that is why we strongly recommend using Virtual Visits when seeking medical care.
A Fast, Convenient Way to Connect With Our Expert Physicians
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort and safety of your own home. Available for adult, pediatric, and adolescent patients with a range of specialists, Virtual Visits are convenient and can help to keep you safe. Your ColumbiaDoctors clinician will offer you the same high level of expert, compassionate care that you expect in an office visit.
To schedule a virtual visit, please call your provider’s office. To be connected with a Columbia provider, call 1-877-426-5637.
For a Virtual Visit, you’ll need:
- A scheduled appointment
- A Connect patient portal account
- An iOS or Android mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
- A strong and stable internet connection
Creating a Connect Patient Portal Account
A Connect patient portal account is required to access Virtual Visits. If you do not have a Connect patient portal account, visit myconnectnyc.org to register. Just complete the registration form and respond to the security questions, and your Connect account will be active.
If you experience issues creating a Connect patient portal account, please call Connect Technical Support at (646) 962-4200.
How Do I Start My Virtual Visit?
- Open the MyChart app
- Search for and select "Columbia University Irving Medical Center" as your primary institution
- Log into your Connect account
Once you’re logged in, you can find and begin your Video Visit appointment:
- Click on Appointments (Do NOT click on E-Visit)
- Click on the correct Video Visit appointment.
- Click the Begin Visit button at the bottom of your screen
Please be sure to join your video visit 15 minutes before your visit is due to start. If you need to reschedule, contact your provider’s office.
- Chose a quiet, well-lit room with a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the app on your phone or tablet
- You or your physician can start the video visit up to 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- Remember, if you minimize the app during your visit, the camera will pause but the microphone will still be on
- If your connection gets lost, you can restart the video visit by following the steps listed above