Code of Conduct
Patients, Family, and Visitors
ColumbiaDoctors’ philosophy is to provide a safe and healthy environment for all patients, visitors, and staff.
Code of Conduct
- It is not our policy to change providers or assigned staff when the request or statement is related solely to the provider’s personal identity such as age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, or sexual orientation.
- It is the responsibility of all patients, families and visitors to speak and act in a respectful and safe manner.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy for aggression directed toward our staff or others associated with the practice.
- Please be respectful with the use of cell phones and other electronic devices. When interacting with our staff, please set your devices to vibrate and put them away.
- Making racial or cultural slurs or other derogatory remarks (about a person's national origin, religion, sex, language, sexual orientation, or gender identity)
- Physically assaulting or threatening to hurt anyone associated with the practice through phone calls, letters, voice mails, emails, or other forms of verbal, written, or electronic communication, including social media
- Attempting to intimidate or harass others
- Making menacing, degrading gestures, or using profanity
- Bringing a firearm or any weapon into the practice
- Intentionally damaging or misusing equipment or property (e.g., climbing on furniture, throwing objects)
- Making requests that would be illegal or unethical for ColumbiaDoctors to fulfill