Psychiatry & Psychology
Video Visits and Teletherapy
Video visits and teletherapy services are available at ColumbiaDoctors Psychiatry. These services are conducted virtually, meaning you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home to receive quality mental health care. From stress and anxiety management to mental health assistance during difficult times, our video visits and teletherapy services ensure that all of our patients get the support they need, when they need it. To learn more about our telehealth program.
The Compassion You Want. The Excellence You Deserve.
As leaders in the field for more than 100 years, ColumbiaDoctors psychiatrists and therapists provide a comprehensive array of mental health services at multiple locations across the NY metro area.
At ColumbiaDoctors Psychiatry, the mind is our life’s work. Our providers combine knowledge of the latest evidence base with years of clinical experience to guide adults, children, and adolescents through the journey of improving their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. From general psychotherapy services to the most complex and treatment-resistant cases, our team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, and licensed therapists work hard to provide compassionate, individualized care to meet the needs of each person.
We offer a wide range of services including expert consultations, medication management, and many types of therapy across five office-based locations in Manhattan and Westchester County. With over 100 psychiatrists and therapists and approximately 75,000 patient visits per year, we are one of the largest providers of mental health care in the NY metro area. Please see below to learn more about our general and specialized services.
General Psychiatry & Psychology
ColumbiaDoctors psychiatrists and therapists provide the following evidence-based services across all our locations:
- Comprehensive evaluations
- Medication management (psychopharmacology)
- Individual therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Group therapy
- Couples and family therapy
- Mindfulness-based treatment
- Exploratory or Psychodynamic therapy
Our Specialized Services
- The Behavioral Medicine Program provides evidence-based, short-term cognitive-behavioral therapy to help people cope with medical illness, insomnia, and stress.
- The Columbia Day Program is an intensive clinic for patients who are having a difficult time functioning in school or at work.
- LGBT Mental Health is one of the first programs in the country to address the mental health needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender population.
- The Lieber Recovery Clinic offers comprehensive, specialized services for people with serious mental illnesses, such as psychosis, autism, and affective disorders.
- The Smithers Center helps those struggling with mental health conditions and concurrent substance use.
- The Columbia Women’s Program focuses on mood disorders related to the menstrual cycle, menopause, infertility, pregnancy, and the postpartum period.