General Psychiatry & Psychology
We provide compassionate psychotherapy and psychiatric care tailored to individual goals.
Nearly one in five adults in America suffers from depression or anxiety at some point in their lives. Even more wonder if they could improve their life satisfaction in relationships, work, and leisure. Many are frightened of their challenges and the prospect of beginning treatment. From our first evaluation, we provide a safe, secure environment with the goal of understanding the social, psychological, and medical aspects of each individual’s story. Instead of a “one size fits all” approach, we tailor the treatment to suit individual needs, providing the most effective and compassionate care.
Therapy has been proven to help people improve their lives in a variety of ways. Whether a person has trouble with relationships or wants to improve success at work, our therapists can provide a customized plan to help set and achieve personal goals.
If medications are warranted, our psychiatrists provide expert consultations and recommendations based on the latest research. Our psychiatrists are also trained in psychotherapy and can provide both medications and therapy.
Common Goals of Therapy
- Treating depression and anxiety
- Improving relationships
- Managing stress at home or work
- Adjusting to new roles (getting married or divorced, having children, new job roles)
- Improving self-esteem
- Handling anger in a healthy way
- Developing a personal narrative
- Understanding the past as it relates to the present
- Individual therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Couples therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Mindfulness-based treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Relapse Prevention Therapy
- Psychodynamic (exploratory) therapy
- Medication consultations
- Psychopharmacology (Medication management)
We provide general services at all our locations.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call (212) 305-6001.