ColumbiaDoctors Second Opinion
When you’ve been diagnosed with a serious illness, any decision is a big decision.
It’s normal to have questions or doubts, and you may want more information about possible treatments. Getting a second opinion can help you understand your condition and options. ColumbiaDoctors can help.
Why Get a Second Opinion?
- It can help you feel confident that you have the right diagnosis and that you’ve chosen the right treatment.
- Some diseases have symptoms that seem alike, and you may need input from an expert in the field.
- New advances in medicine are happening all over the world and state-of-the-art treatments become available every day.
- If you’ve been told that you need surgery, it helps to understand the benefits and risks. A second opinion may also show you any potential alternatives.
Getting a second opinion is a chance to ask questions and get a fresh point of view. Your doctor won’t be offended. Patients often seek more than one opinion before choosing a course of treatment. Knowing your options can make you feel more comfortable that you’ve made the right decision about your care.
An Expert Opinion at ColumbiaDoctors
ColumbiaDoctors specialists are leaders in their fields. We regularly develop new treatments, and we train other experts in cutting-edge procedures and techniques. We’re at the forefront of the very latest breakthroughs and technologies. We take part in a wide range of clinical trials, offering access to treatments that other doctors might not know to suggest.
With a second opinion from ColumbiaDoctors, one of our expert doctors will review all of your test results and your medical history. We’ll consult with other leading doctors here at Columbia. You’ll get an objective, well-informed opinion you can feel confident about.
Get an Expert Opinion by Scheduling an Office Visit
Our providers are ready to see you and provide you with a second opinion. Call 1-877-426-5637 to connect with a Columbia provider or search for a provider and contact their office directly.
Get a Second Opinion Online
We know your time is valuable, and a written second opinion can get you the expert answers you need without leaving home. Wherever you are in the nation, you can obtain a second opinion from one of our expert physicians at ColumbiaDoctors. We have partnered with Included Health to provide this convenient, confidential, and highly secure service to you. Our care team will be available every step of the way to guide you through this process.
How Do I Get Started?
- Register and create an account using your email address.
- Have a valid credit card ready to pay the ColumbiaDoctors second opinion fee of $800. This fee is not covered by your insurance and is due when you begin the second opinion process.
- Submit a list of your local doctors and their contact information to Grand Rounds. This list will be used to obtain the medical records that your Columbia doctor will review. Provide information about yourself, or the patient, if you’re helping a friend or relative to sign up. Please include demographic details and specifics about the medical condition.
Start Your Online Second Opinion Today
How It Works
As Simple as 1-2-3-4.
Begin your case by creating an account and providing your information to us. We will assign a care coordinator to assist you.
The care team gets to work, doing the legwork, and gathering your medical records. Then we send your information to the best clinician for your condition.
An expert ColumbiaDoctors clinician reviews your case. We provide you with a written second opinion in five to seven business days.
You’re now armed with knowledge. Review your report and make an informed decision with your local physician.
Need more information? Find out more about Second Opinions on our Frequently Asked Questions.