Make an Appointment
Our team is here to help you make an appointment with the specialists that you need.
Top of the pageLearning Center
Learn about quitting smoking
Quitting smoking isn't easy. But if you smoke, quitting is the best thing you can do for your health. Smoking increases your risk for cancer, diabetes, heart failure, and other serious medical problems. Still, if you've been smoking for a long time, it can be very hard to quit. You might worry about withdrawal symptoms or that your craving for a cigarette might be too strong to ignore. But with some support, you can do it. Our topics can give you the help you need to finally quit smoking and start leading a healthier life today.
Visit our topics to get information and support to quit smoking:
- Assess Your Tobacco Use
- Committing to Quitting: Your Quit-Tobacco Plan
- Comparing Nicotine Replacement Methods
- Comparing Stop-Smoking Medicines
- Coping With Cravings When You're Quitting Tobacco
- Health Risks Related to Smokeless Tobacco
- Interactive Tool: Are You Ready to Quit Smoking?
- Interactive Tool: How Does Smoking Affect Your Lifespan?
- Interactive Tool: How Much Is Smoking Costing You?
- John's Story: Crossing the Smoke-Free Finish Line
- Keeping Change Going—Your New Normal
- Linda's Story: Quitting Smoking Lowers My Risk
- Lung Cancer and Other Lung Problems From Smoking
- Making a Change That Matters
- Making Positive Changes in Your Life After Quitting Smoking
- Making Your Change Happen
- My Reasons to Quit Smoking
- Nancy's Story: Quitting Smoking Takes More Than Willpower
- Nate's Story: Sick of Smoking
- Ned's Story: Quitting Smoking
- Nicotine Gum
- Nicotine Inhaler
- Nicotine Patches
- Not Ready for Change?
- Oral Cancer
- Planning for a Change That Matters
- Quick Tips: What to Do When You Crave Nicotine
- Quit-Smoking Programs
- Quitting Smokeless Tobacco
- Quitting Smoking
- Quitting Smoking and Avoiding Smoke During Pregnancy
- Quitting Smoking Journal
- Quitting Smoking: How Family and Friends Can Help
- Quitting Smoking: How Support Groups Can Help
- Quitting Smoking: Temptations and Cravings
- Quitting Smoking: Your Social Life
- Recommitting to Staying Tobacco-Free
- Risks of Smoking Cigars and Pipes
- Smoking and Coronary Artery Disease
- Smoking Fewer Cigarettes
- Smoking to Relieve Tension or Improve Mood
- Smoking Triggers
- Smoking: Choosing a Good Time to Quit
- Smoking: Health Risk for Family Members
- Smoking: Problems With Pregnancy
- Smoking: Sexual and Reproductive Problems
- Teen Smokers: Reasons to Quit
- Thinking About a Change?
- Tobacco Use Disorder
- Tobacco Use in Teens
- Track Your Tobacco Use
- Younger-Looking and Healthier Body After Quitting Smoking
Current as of: March 22, 2023
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review:Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & Martin J. Gabica MD - Family Medicine
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2023 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.