Expert Allergy Care
Columbia's pediatric allergy and asthma experts are dedicated to providing compassionate care for children with common allergic diseases, asthma, as well as rare disorders such as eosinophilic disorders.
Our team consists of specialists with wide variety of backgrounds and areas of focus. This diversity allows us to be better prepared to care for our patients’ unique needs. We provide initial diagnoses, second opinions, allergic and immunologic testing, as well as expert medical care.
Depending on the condition, we may perform additional specialized procedures, laboratory testing, and consultation with specialists in other fields such as gastroenterology, pulmonology, dermatology, hematology-oncology, bone marrow transplantation, and genetics. Specialized services include:
- Allergy skin testing for pollen, pet, dust, mold (and other aeroallergens as indicated), food and drug allergy
- Food challenges to assess food allergies under highly supervised and controlled conditions
- Immunotherapy, subcutaneous and sublingual
- Measurements in lung function/spirometry
- Rhinolaryngoscopy to evaluate nasal problems
- Patch testing to assess for contact dermatitis
- Immunoglobulin therapy
- Anaphylaxis action plans (including Epi-Pen training)
- Asthma education
- Managing asthma and its triggers
- Education about the use of inhaled medications
- Emergency action plans