Expert Care for Childhood Infections
Columbia’s pediatric infectious disease specialists are internationally recognized experts in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of complicated childhood infections.
Our doctors are board-certified pediatricians with subspecialty training in infectious diseases. We provide care for young patients with a wide range of infections, including those with COVID-19 and complications from COVID-19.
- congenital and neonatal infections
- skin infections
- bone and joint infections
- viral infections
- cystic fibrosis
- Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses
- antibiotic resistant infections
- infections in immunocompromised children
- sexually transmitted diseases
We work closely with other pediatric specialties at Columbia to provide the highest quality, most scientifically based care for children.
Our doctors offer virtual visits for all patients, including those who are at home on intravenous and oral antibiotic therapy. Appointments with an infectious disease specialist are conducted using a convenient, secure video chat app on their smartphone or tablet. Patients who are on intravenous antibiotic or long-term oral antibiotic therapy can be easily monitored through virtual visits. We also provide expert advice to patients and physicians across the country via telehealth. Learn more about virtual visits.
Adolescent Sexual Health Clinic
Our sexual health clinic provides comprehensive care, testing, and counseling for teenagers in White Plains, New York, and upper Manhattan:
- testing, treatment, prevention, and counseling for sexually transmitted diseases
- pre-college physicals and immunizations
- new patient and follow-up appointments for all infectious diseases
- HIV and HIV prevention services
The Adolescent Sexual Health Clinic is led by Dr. Natalie Neu. To make an appointment call 212-305-4558.
Pediatric and Adolescent HIV Clinic
Physicians in our HIV Clinic provide primary care for children and adolescents with HIV. Clinic patients also receive testing, treatment, prevention, and counseling for sexually transmitted diseases. To make an appointment call 212-305-4558.