Preparing for Your Visit
We value your time and your safety at Columbia Primary Care. We want your visit to be smooth and efficient—and we want you to have the right amount of time with your doctor.
You can help by following this pre-visit checklist:
- Complete your check-in up to 5 days before you arrive—using our convenient patient portal, Columbia Connect. From the comfort of your own home, you can use Columbia Connect to:
- Update your insurance information
- Notify your care team about current medications and allergies
- Fill out a health history questionnaire
- Let us know the reason for your visit
- If you have not checked in with Columbia Connect, please make sure that our office is updated with your current insurance information to avoid surprise bills. You can update this information online or by calling the office directly.
- Prepare a list of 2-3 questions for your doctor to help us understand what you want to get out of your visit.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Remember—Coronavirus is still active in New York. Our offices are doing everything they can to keep everyone safe. For the safety of our staff and guests, we’re deep-cleaning, keeping six feet apart, and following personal protective equipment (PPE) protocols.
To do your part, please follow these simple rules:
- Wear a face covering to your visit. If you do not have a face covering, a surgical mask will be provided to you upon entry
- Use hand sanitizer. We’ll make it available in the entryway, exam rooms, and restrooms.
- Limit how many people accompany you to your visit. One parent may accompany a child for their visit. One adult may accompany another adult if they need assistance.
- Complete eCheck-in through our online portal, Columbia Connect. This will minimize the pre-visit registration activities in common areas. It will also let us take you to your private exam room right when you arrive.