Jonas Children’s Vision Care
Jonas Children's Vision Care is an integrated effort to prevent and treat blindness and other serious eye disorders in children that will draw upon Columbia Ophthalmology’s many strengths. These include strong clinical care from infancy throughout life, genetic testing of individuals with eye disease for diagnosis and treatment, the resources of a wide array of laboratories, and the University’s many initiatives in an interdisciplinary field called translational research.
The project will help grow our state-of-the-art pediatric ophthalmic diagnostic and imaging center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital. Jonas Children's Vision Care is jointly sponsored by Jonas Philanthropies and the Department of Ophthalmology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Jonas Philanthropies was established in 2005 with monies raised through an auction at Christie’s of a portion of the family’s noted contemporary art collection. Jonas Philanthropies is improving healthcare for the better by investing where it matters most. We address high-need issues and audiences with high-impact solutions: promoting leadership in nursing and veterans' healthcare, preventing, and treating low vision and blindness, and protecting our children’s environmental health.
- Medical Director - Steven Rosenberg, MD
- Research Director - Stephen Tsang, MD, PhD
- Administrative Director - Lisa Hark, PhD, RD
- Ophthalmic Genetics Director - Irene H. Maumenee, MD
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus - Steven Rosenberg, MD | Sonali Talsania, MD | Lauren Yeager, MD | Pamela Gallin, MD
- Pediatric Cataract – Steven Rosenberg, MD | Sonali Talsania, MD | Danielle Trief, MD, MSc
- Pediatric Cornea - Danielle Trief, MD, MSc
- Pediatric Glaucoma - Steven Kane, MD, PhD
- Retina and Genetics - Stephen Tsang, MD, PhD | Aliaa Abdelhakim, MD, PhD
- Pediatric Retina - Jason Horowitz, MD | Robert Lopez, MD
- Ophthalmic Oncology - Brian Marr, MD
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - Lora Glass, MD
- Optometry and Contact Lens - Daniel Diamond, OD | Suzanne Sherman, OD