Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (CEAD)
Columbia's Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (CEAD) is dedicated to providing access to subspecialist care for individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and related disorders.
We provide the highest level of neurological subspecialty dementia care to New York City residents through state-of-the-art diagnostic evaluations, treatment, management plans, referrals and educational activities. Our team includes culturally sensitive healthcare professionals who will help answer your questions or concerns. We can assist you in scheduling an appointment as well as help you and your family prepare for your visit. We are here to provide:
- Access to dementia specialist care for underserved New York City residents, including particularly members of Hispanic, African-American, and other disadvantaged groups
- Referrals and collaborative assistance in care of the underserved
- Educational resources, support, training, and assistance to community healthcare providers
- Coordinate with nine other New York State CEADs
Who Qualifies for CEAD Services?
Our center offers appointments to anyone who is:
- Experiencing memory loss or suspected of having a type of Dementia such as Alzheimer's disease
- Referred for diagnosis and or treatment by their medical provider or facilities
- Seeking a second diagnostic opinion related to an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis
For Researchers and Community Providers
For providers caring for patients with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, CEAD offers training opportunities through CME courses, in-person grand rounds, education workshops, consultation on complex cases and differential diagnosis, and lectures on the latest tools for screening, early detection and diagnosis, management of behavioral concerns brought on by dementia, palliative care and other common issues related to this disease. We also collaborate with researchers at other CEADs throughout New York State.