Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Disorders
If your child is having breathing or sleep issues, we can help. We are experts in treating respiratory conditions in children. Whether you need help with common conditions or complex diseases, your child will receive the best care. You can get answers to your questions about your child’s condition and learn about the latest options for treatment. Your child will be seen in a friendly, comfortable environment on the Upper West Side.
Pulmonary Conditions We Treat
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Chronic cough
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung disease associated with premature birth
- Recurring pneumonia
Sleep Conditions We Treat:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Excessive sleeping
- Sleep apnea
- Sleepwalking, sleep terrors
- Allergy skin testing
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy—education and management
- Coordination of sleep studies
- On-site blood draws
- Spirometry (pulmonary function testing)
- Ventilator management
Your child may have trouble sleeping because of a breathing problem. We can test your child for symptoms and help you understand what is happening. If your child needs a sleep study, we can help you understand the results. We will work with you to make sure your child can get the rest they need.
Care at Columbia
You will have access to specialists across Columbia. We are part of an unmatched network of pulmonary and sleep disorder experts. If your child needs more specialized care, you will have access to our world-leading experts.