Child and Adolescent Mental Health
ColumbiaDoctors Columbus Circle
Make an Appointment
Our team is here to help you make an appointment with the specialists that you need.
Childhood and adolescence can be an overwhelming time in life. As a parent, you want your child to have the support they need. Working with mental health experts can dramatically improve your child's well-being if they are struggling with emotional and mental challenges.
Our specialists understand that family support is essential to your child's care. We offer information, education, support groups, and resources for patients, families, and caregivers. You will be an important part of your child's care team.
Conditions We Treat
- Anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, school refusal, separation anxiety, and social anxiety
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and behavioral disorders
- Autism spectrum and developmental disorders
- Eating disorders
- Learning disorders
- Mood disorders, including depression and bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Tic disorders, including Tourette's syndrome and hair-pulling disorder (trichotillomania)
Treatments We Offer
- Cognitive-behavior therapy
- Exposure therapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy for adolescents (IPT-A )
- Neuropsychological evaluations and testing
- Parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT)
- Psychopharmacology (medication, often in combination with therapy)
- Research studies
Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD)
The Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD) at Columbus Circle provides general and intensive outpatient care for children, adolescents, and young adults with anxiety disorders and related difficulties. Our child psychiatrists and psychologists offer state-of-the-art, evidence-based treatments.
Care at Columbia
Your child will work with some of the nation's leading child and adolescent mental health experts. Our team can coordinate care across Columbia and NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, named the #1 children’s hospital in New York City by U.S. News & World Report. You can be confident that your child will receive the best care possible.