We aim to prevent and ease suffering from pain and symptoms, provide emotional and spiritual support, and help with complex decision making for patients and families struggling with a serious illness (like cancer, dementia, or heart failure). Palliative care is appropriate for patients of any age and at any stage of a serious illness and can be provided alongside curative treatments.
Our interdisciplinary team helps coordinate care and supportive services, including psychology, rehab medicine, meditations, chaplaincy, and other modalities to alleviate the symptoms and burden of disease.
We aim to:
- Improve the quality of life for patients with serious illnesses
- Decrease the severity of symptoms like pain, nausea, anxiety, and depression.
- Increase patient and caregiver support.
- Help patients achieve a sense of control in their care.
- Relieve emotional burdens on family and loved ones.
- Assist in complex medical decision-making.
- Coordinate care among multiple providers.