Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
When choosing a doctor for your teen or young adult, you have a lot to consider. For young people 13 and up, health care starts to look a little different—teens have unique needs during these important years. And as a parent, you want to get expert advice. You want your child to have the right support as they grow up into a happy, healthy adult.
At ColumbiaDoctors Midtown, our adolescent medicine specialists understand these concerns. So we want to build a partnership that you and your teen can rely on. They can get care through their teen years and beyond—many of our patients stay with our practice into young adulthood.
Whether your child needs support while navigating the challenges of growing up, everyday care like well visits, vaccinations, or just answers to their questions, we can help.
Conditions We Treat
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity issues
- Reproductive health issues
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Sports injuries
Treatments We Offer
- Adolescent reproductive health
- Care for sexually transmitted infections
- Comprehensive primary care
- Consults for complex physical and psychosocial issues
- Evaluation for anxiety & depression
- Gender affirming therapy and cross hormone treatment
- Health education & counseling
- HIV screening and treatment
- Medical management of eating disorders
- Pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PEP and PREP)
- Second opinions
- Services for LGBTQ youth and their families
- Sports/camp & college physicals
- Stress management
- Young men’s health
Diagnostic Tests We Offer
- Hearing and vision screening
- Rapid strep, flu and pregnancy test
- Access to onsite laboratory for all other testing
- Access to onsite radiology services
Care at Columbia
Life is challenging enough without extra appointments. So we make it easier for your teen to get the care they need. If your child needs additional testing like X-rays or blood work, we offer on-site Imaging and Laboratory Services. We can help coordinate care with specialists here at our midtown location and across Columbia. We want you and your teen to feel like part of a team—because you both are.