Make an Appointment
Our team is here to help you make an appointment with the specialists that you need.
Reconstructive Urology at Columbia focuses on the repair and treatment of complex urologic complications and injuries that are the result of cancer surgery and treatments, surgical misadventures, radiation therapy, and urologic trauma.
- Urinary Tract and Genital Reconstruction: Our highly skilled surgeons specialize in all areas of urinary tract and genital surgical reconstruction, including major reconstruction of the urethra, bladder, ureter, penis, and external genitalia, as well as other less common urogenital disorders.
- Transition Urology/Congenitalism: For those born with congenital urinary defects, there are often new challenges that come with transitioning from childhood into adulthood. Unfortunately, most people born with problems or defects in their urinary tract do not have all their problems “cured” in childhood. Issues of incontinence, infection, stone formation, and sexual problems often continue to linger well into adulthood. At the Center for Reconstructive Urology, we provide seamless urologic care throughout childhood, adolescence, and into adulthood.
- Cancer Survivorship: Cancer treatment can leave patients with a range of issues related to urinary control, sexual function, and fertility. Our skilled experts will find the least invasive treatment to help improve quality of life after cancer.
Common Problems and Treatments
- Adult hypospadias
- Adult spina bifida and bladder extrophy
- Bicycle riding: erectile dysfunction and urethral stricture risks
- Bladder reconstruction for cancer or trauma
- Congenital penile curvature
- Genital lymphedema
- Indiana pouch and catherizable stomas
- Malone antegrade continence enema (MACE)
- Major ureter reconstruction
- Male urinary incontinence (urine control issues)
- Mitrofanoff procedure
- Neurogenic bladder
- Neurogenic bowel
- Penile and urethral preservation surgery
- Peyronie’s disease
- Post prostate surgery urinary leakage
- Erectile dysfunction surgery (penile implant)
- Urinary leakage surgery
- Radiation-induced urinary fistulas
- Surgery for male urinary incontinence
- Urethral stricture
- Urethral injuries from pelvic fracture
- Urinary fistulas after prostate or pelvic surgery
- Vesicovaginal or ureterovaginal fistulas after pelvic surgery
World-Class Urology Care
Our reconstructive urology specialists are leading experts with experience using the latest treatments and technologies.