Helpful Information About Your Visit
What to Bring
It is important to have all the required documents with you when visiting our health care facility. We’ve compiled a handy patient checklist to ensure you have a smooth experience once you arrive at the Nurse Practitioner Group. Please bring the following with you when visiting:
- Patient forms
- Updated personal information
- Insurance card (see list of accepted insurance plans)
- Government-issued ID
- Pharmacy information
- Updated medical and family history
- List of allergies
- Outside medical records
- Immunization history
- Medication list
If you are a provider or agency referring a patient for House Calls, please fill out the following form:
Please send the completed form to fax number 212-342-0093.
Connect Patient Portal
With Connect, our patient portal, Columbia patients are able to:
- View test results
- Schedule online appointments
- Access online bill payment
- Enjoy simpler communication with your provider’s office
- View a record of all appointments, emergency room visits, and inpatient stays
- Receive After-visit summaries
- Access telehealth services including follow up video visits and urgent care on-demand
The sign-up process is simple. During your next visit, ask about joining Connect. If you’ve already received your invitation and activation code, head over to our sign-up page. If you have not received your activation code, please visit our self-sign-up page, or download the app (Andriod, iOS) and follow the directions.
Schedule an Appointment Through Your Connect Account
Scheduling an appointment through your Connect account is fast and easy. Avoid a phone call to your provider’s office and review appointment times on your computer or mobile device from the comfort and safety of your home, office, or anywhere you choose. To schedule an appointment, you’ll be asked to:
- Select your provider or reason for visit
- Choose a location and answer any scheduling questions
- Select a date and time
- Review or update your insurance and personal information
- Follow these steps to schedule an appointment through your Connect account.
Starting a Video Visit
All Video Visits require the installation of Zoom onto your personal device or computer. You also need to have an active Connect account and be logged in to Connect on your device – either through a browser on your computer or through the app downloaded to your mobile device.
If you are using a mobile device, download the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app by visiting the App Store or Google Play. If you choose to use a computer, download the Zoom Client for Meetings from the Zoom website. If you do not install Zoom prior to your Video Visit, you will be prompted to do so when signing into your scheduled appointment through Connect.
Please remember to log in to Connect at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow sufficient time to complete the Zoom download and to follow the eCheck-In process prior to your Video Visit.
Please view the updated Video Visit instruction guide (in Spanish). If you have any questions, you can message your practice via the Connect patient portal or visit the ColumbiaDoctors website for more information.
The Nurse Practitioner Group currently accepts the following health care plans:
- Emblem Health GHI and HIP
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Medicaid Managed Care Plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Medicare Managed Care Plans
- Fidelis Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNSNY CHOICE
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
Please confirm with your insurer prior to your visit.