Treatments and Services
Our clinical specialists collaborate with other specialty practices throughout the Columbia University Irving Medical Center to provide unparalleled comprehensive and cutting-edge treatment of all types of ocular cancers, including intraocular tumor resection, as well as laser, radiation, and chemotherapy treatments for the eye, eyelid, orbit, and conjunctiva, as needed. Our whole team approach centers around your condition and individual needs.
Some of our treatments may include one or a combination of:
- Chemotherapy – Topical eye drops or injections to shrink a tumor before using more targeted treatments.
- Cryotherapy – The localized use of extreme cold produced by liquid nitrogen or argon gas to freeze and kill the cancer cell.
- Laser Therapy – Outpatient treatment using laser light that focuses on the cancer and heats it and destroys it.
- Radiation Therapy – Small radioactive plates (plaques) are stitched in place directly over the cancer and left for a few days. Or the whole eye may be treated with radiotherapy.
- Surgery – Surgical removal of the tumor or cancer cells.