Eye Infections & Injuries
About Eye Infections & Injuries
If you think you may have an eye infection or injury, you need to come to see a Columbia ophthalmologist right away. Some conditions and injuries can cause permanent damage to your vision or even cause vision loss. Some eye infections include:
- Blepharitis (granulated eyelids)
- Keratitis (inflammation of the cornea of the eye)
- A stye (blockage of the oil-producing glands caused by a bacterial infection)
- Corneal Ulcer (an open sore on the cornea)
- Cellulitis (infection caused by bacteria around the eyelid)
Some of the more common injuries to the eyes at Columbia are scratches on the cornea, punctures from accidents, foreign objects inserted, orbital fractures, burns, and even bleeding. If your eyes get severely injured, you may need immediate surgery.
Why Choose Columbia?
At Columbia, we do not take risks with your eyesight. Our experienced ophthalmologists will make sure you are seen and treated promptly.