ColumbiaDoctors family planning specialists provide nonjudgmental, caring guidance for women who want to evaluate their options for contraception, prevent unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections, or manage miscarriage and pregnancy termination. We also help women determine whether contraception can be used to alleviate problems such as heavy menstrual bleeding and menstrual pain. Our physicians have special expertise in assisting women with chronic and complex health conditions to make informed choices about contraceptive options.
ColumbiaDoctors family planning specialist provide general gynecologic care and a full range of family planning services for our diverse patient population, including:
- Contraception services: We provide contraception counseling in a supportive environment. We offer all FDA-approved birth control methods, including birth control pills, intrauterine device (IUD), birth control patch, birth control ring, birth control shot, birth control implant, and barrier methods. We also offer emergency contraception and permanent solutions such as tubal ligation.
- Complex contraception services: For women with medical conditions, our family planning specialists will work with you to find the best contraceptive option for your condition.
- General gynecological care: We offer routine physical exams, sexually transmitted infection screening, treatment for problems such as heavy menstrual bleeding and menstrual pain, and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- Pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling: Our family planning specialists provide a safe environment and expert help so that you can understand your options for your pregnancy.
- Pregnancy termination: We offer medical and surgical pregnancy termination services, including management of miscarriages.
Leaders in Family Planning Research and Innovation
As national and international leaders in family planning innovation, our physicians are involved in the development of novel contraceptive options and work with city, state, and federal governments to increase access to contraception and women’s health services. Our physicians are conducting clinical trials to investigate new forms of contraception, improve access to contraception, and evaluate effectiveness of birth control for patients with serious medical conditions.