Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery
Comprehensive — and Compassionate — Cardiovascular Care by the World’s Leading Experts
More than 600,000 Americans die of heart disease each year — more than one in four deaths in the U.S.— and around half of all Americans are at risk of developing heart disease. At ColumbiaDoctors Cardiology, we’re committed to reducing these numbers and are proud to say we routinely achieve some of the nation’s best outcomes.
The main reason for this success is our people. At our practice — one of the largest and most comprehensive in the U.S. — we feature some of the world’s top experts in the field. Our physicians include general cardiologists, electrophysiologists, interventional cardiologists, heart failure and heart transplant specialists, and cardiovascular surgeons. Thanks to these talents, combined with our state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, we offer world-class care for every subspecialty of cardiovascular medicine, from preventative care to advanced disease.
Our renowned physician-scientists work together to offer each patient a personalized roadmap to improved health: from advanced non-invasive imaging that can create intricate pictures of exactly what’s wrong with a diseased heart, to leading-edge techniques in minimally invasive cardiac surgery.
At ColumbiaDoctors Cardiology, research and practice meld together effortlessly — and the results are extraordinary. Here, we treat the whole patient; not just the disease. And we treat every patient like a member of the family, whether we’re giving directions to an appointment or discussing treatment options in understandable terms.
Centers of Excellence for Cardiac Care
We offer comprehensive care for a number of conditions and populations through our multidisciplinary centers and programs:
- Cardiogenetics Clinic offers state-of-the-art cardiac care and evaluation for patients with a diagnosed or suspected clinical genetic diagnosis.
- Center for Interventional Vascular Therapy (CIVT) provides the most innovative techniques and technologies available for the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Women's Heart Center provides preventive care and treatment of heart disease for women througout their lives.
- Columbia Marfan Clinic provides a full spectrum of medical and surgical services for the evaluation and treatment of people with Marfan syndrome and related connective tissue disorders.
- Hypertension Center combines the latest advances in hypertension diagnosis with a multidisciplinary approach to treatment of this condition.
- Structural Heart and Valve Center provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for patients with valvular heart disease.
- Columbia Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center provides seamless care for patients and their families, at every age and stage of this disease.
- The Schneeweiss Adult Congenital Heart Center provides lifelong, specialized care for patients with congenital heart disease.