Make an Appointment
Have you or a family member been told you have or may have a genetic or inherited heart condition? If so, we can help.
At the Cardiogenetics Clinic, we have a unique unified approach, combining experts in genetics, cardiology, and research to help whole families, children through adults, with confirmed or suspected inherited heart conditions. If you’re interested in seeing us, please fill out our form and a member of our expert team will contact you shortly. We look forward to meeting you!
Hours and Location
The Cardiogenetics Clinic is open to patients on Thursdays, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Herbert Irving Pavilion, 6th Floor
161 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
Once you have an appointment, you'll need to make sure we have medical information about you, and any family members who also have a genetic diagnosis.
1) Release of Medical Information Form
We will need to review your medical information. In order for your doctor to share your information with us, he or she will need a signed consent. Please obtain your doctor’s Release of Medical Information form, fill it out, and email or fax it to your doctor. Make sure your medical information includes:
- Holter, LINQ, Zio patch, or other extended monitoring reports
- If pacemaker or defibrillator, prior interrogation reports
- Echocardiogram reports
- Stress testing reports
- Invasive testing reports (electrophysiology studies and catheterizations)
- Any prior genetic testing results from patients or family members
- Any prior family autopsy results, if sudden death occurred
2) Family History
We will also need medical information about your family. Please collect and bring any of the above medical tests/records from parents, children, or siblings who have a genetic diagnosis. Your family members doctors will require a Release of Medical Information form to gather this information.
3) Consent to Participate in Our Research Study (Optional)
We will ask your permission to use your medical information for our study. We are investigating the genetic causes of heart conditions, in order to better understand, prevent, and treat these conditions. If you agree to participate, you'll need to download and sign the forms listed below and bring them with you to your appointment. You'll have an opportunity to have all your questions answered before you submit the signed forms.
- Consent to Participate in Research Form
- HIPAA Clinical Research Authorization for Sponsored Research Form
You are not required to participate in research in order to receive medical care.